Wednesday 27 June 2007

Joy at last


There are many times as a local councillor when one is unable to help people. Either there are legal or technical obstacles, or simply no money for what they want. Occasionally however there is simple joy.

On Monday I cycled down Southgate Street, as I do so often, and instinctively looked at the corner of St Botolph's Lane. I do that because last September, when I was knocking on Abbeygate doors, I was asked if a bollard could be fitted there. The reason was to prevent large vehicles mounting the pavement: funnily enough, one did as I was standing there and nearly took my foot off!

I duly made my request to the Highways section, and was delighted to be told that there was money in the "bollard budget", and that it would be done. Ever since then I have been waiting, reminding Highways to the point of nagging, watching and hoping.

Imagine my simple joy then, to see it actually happening.




Before During After





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little things...